Salary: Competitive based on education and experience
Job Description: Little Thinkers Center is a leading child learning center in West Los Angeles specializing in the use of thinking activities that are tailored to your child’s unique developmental needs. Our goal is to empower children with the tools to reach their fullest potential and achieve cognitive growth academically, socially, and emotionally.
We are looking for a Child Development Therapist (CDT) to join our team! As a CDT, you will be responsible for carrying out activities specifically developed to enrich critical and creative thinking skills. Training will be provided, however, experience in working with children of all ages is preferred.
Our goals are to help children strengthen their academic performance, enhance their curiosity and problem-solving capabilities, improve their social and relational interactions, and build authentic self-confidence and resiliency.
- We Know Child Development & Learning Challenges That Can Impede Growth
- We Specialize in Helping Children Build Resiliency and Develop an “I Can” Attitude
- We Prioritize Critical & Creative Thinking Outside the Box
- We Believe Trial-and-Error Exploration Enhances Success
- Work one on one with patients of different ages on individualized treatment goals by carrying out thinking games.
- Attend weekly supervision meetings.
- Networking with other professionals/schools to build referral sources.
- Provide some content from sessions for social media channels.
- This is a part-time position to start with primarily afternoon hours (ex: M-F from 1 or 2pm-6pm). Hours may be flexible and could potentially turn into full time position.
- Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
- BA/BS with early childhood education credits or BS in psychology or master’s level education.
- Experience working in a school setting not mandatory but is a plus.
- Must be willing and able to learn and act individually with minimal direction
If interested, please submit your CV and a cover letter outlining your experience and interest in the position. Candidates who do not submit both documents will not be taken into consideration.